The KINGz Of Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Buy open chat with IW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

Best Buy open chat with IW Empty
PostSubject: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Full Transcript

Quote :
Laugh: Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

Vince-IW: We would like you to the way we designed and balanced it.

Mackey-IW: The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc.

maniac1969: How are PC going to uphold their clan rules in the IW-net system? Are you going to give admin rights to gaming rooms so that admins can Kick or Ban players who refuse to follow clan rules? For example, {MRoA} servers prohibit racial comments from guest and/or clan members...

Mackey-IW: In response to the PC clan question: Private matches are a way for players to easily play with their friends and apply whatever House Rules they want. You can not kick players from Ranked matches. If language is a problem you can easily mute players.

ulukai: Will it be possible to use "lean" in the pc version, can we chat like in cod4 and is there any x-fire system to join friends allready playing ?

Vince-IW: Since we use steam for the PC version you have access to your Steam friends list.

The3rdNipple: Using steam (which I have been for years) if I were to reformat my computer and redownload the game will my online profile be stored with steam? For instance, if I was level 24 and had all my classes and perks set, would they be saved online and brought back once I redownloaded?

Vince-IW: Stored on Steam!

kaRMa: Regarding the PC version, will all games be hosted by players or just private matches? And will the host have a zero ping advantage?
Mackey-IW: We put a lot of work into making the game tolerant of latency. In my personal experience it is not obvious which player is host. The game plays well on broadband.

Stormbringer: If a game on IW.net is hosted by a player would that player not then have an unfair advantage in terms of ?

Mackey-IW: We put a lot of work into making the game tolerant of latency. In my personal experience is not obvious which player is host. The game plays well on broadband.

Josh111: For the PC.. You guys have said people will be matched by skill.. How is this skill determined? Is it by kill to death ratio or something else?

Mackey-IW: Well none of the programmers are in the chat today.. so let's just say it's crazy programmer magic. It's a lot more than just K/D though. The important thing is not that all players in a game are the exact same skill, but that the teams are balanced.

TheNinthAxis: Is there lean in PC multiplayer.

Vince-IW: No.

Axen: Please explain how a 9v9 match is a multiplayer experience? I'd have more fun serving lunch at a local nursing home.

Vince-IW: Sounds like are a very compassionate and giving person. I hope the people at the nursing home appreciate you.

Trac_Vantro: Is Iw.net going to help keep clans together the way we are use to playing together as clans now.

Mackey-IW: You can use friendslists in steam to play together.

rnrmusic55: you said IWnet was created to help stop piracy, what do you say about the Xbox 360 version leaked and shared on torrent sites?

Unanswered.

JunkyNL: I like many others, have friends from all over the world and like to play games against each other. So with this new system we wont be able to play lag free against each other? And is there still a (Offline) LAN function?(there is no internet at that location) (the 402 site doesn't answers this question)

Vince-IW: You can party up with your friends and you will be placed in a game that works well for everyone.

gdogg: On the PC version is there going to be Hardcore Free for all?

Mackey-IW: Currently there are hardcore TDM and SD playlists, however as you witnessed with CoD4:MW, the playlists may change from time to time.

Futurefighter: How do you plan to appeal to professional pc gaming leagues like CAL and CEVO with IW.net?

Vince-IW: I guess we'll have to talk to them and see what they would need. We would love to work something out.

h4msandwich: Has IWnet been tested in European settings? My clan plays european leagues and we got ppl from , UK and meeting in the same match. How is this going to play out considering siginificant differences in Bandwith and connection qualities between players. Will host player always have the ping advantage. Can a match be hosted by 'third' person, not taking part in the match?

Mackey-IW: Players do not control who hosts.

DudezTY: Since we can not kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?

Mackey-IW: Our goal is to ban hackers from the game.

GeneralClean: So how can you justify 9 vs 9 at the most on PC when we had 32 vs 32 in COD4?

Mackey-IW: The CoD4 maps were not balanced for 32vs32. In MW2 the entire experience is carefully balanced for a smaller range of players.

krm2014: Will the IWNET multiplayer system compensate for the undoubtly low ping that the host computer will have for the other players, or will the host have an advantage over the other players? Also, going back to clans...Is there a way to have more than 18 people in a server, because my clan has at least 100 members and we like to get 20-30 on our servers at the same time.

Mackey-IW: Games cap out at 9v9. The software has great latency tolerance. See above!

Torinir: How does IWNet plan to address serious griefing, such as intentional teamkilling, voice/chat spamming, and other unwanted behaviours in public matchmade games? This includes organized griefing from groups like myg0t.

Mackey-IW: You can easily mute players, and hardcore (friendly fire enabled ) SD has "ricochet" which makes you hurt yourself instead.

Stormbringer: I can see how IW.net would be good for the individual; however, would you not agree that for clans with wide geographic dispersion this could cause severe problems in terms of ping?

Vince-IW: We have not found this to be a problem.

paintballrulzzz: Will there be a boot option if someone "team kills" you like in halo3? I find it really annoying trying to play a game of hard core with out getting team killed. can you explain the kill streaks and all the new ones?

Unanswered.

zach426: What was your guy's logic behind removing the lean feature for PC, a feature that was a mainstay from all of your previous titles?

Mackey-IW: The game is not balanced for lean.

maniac1969: Vince, there are 178,000 voices that say you need dedicated servers for the PC. COD4 is the bigest online game in history! Why in the world would you take away dedicated servers and change the whole MP experience for us? And Mackey, the PC version with dedicated servers is already the best experience the way it is!

Vince-IW: All I can say is that we changed it to make it a better and easier experience. Also, not all of the names on that list are legit.

kaRMa: Please give me a direct answer. On the PC version. Are all games hosted by players, and is there a 5 second delay when host migration is in effect?

Vince-IW: yes.

TRU-Jennifer: What are the current steps being taken in regard to active blocking measures that some major ISPs have taken regarding Peer 2 Peer connections, such as what Comcast does?

Mackey-IW: Only players capable of hosting will be host.

N2DEEP: I run lan parties for PC, how will you be able to lan without and no dedicated servers as you could with cod4?

Mackey-IW: We can play at work on our lan by doing private match and there is no lag.

JD8: Several members of my clan are in other countries, If your new system doesn't consider them a good match to play with us they may feel like an outsider in our clan community. How are we supposed to keep our clan base if we don't get to choose who is a good match?

Vince-IW: Party up!

Moriarte: Will there be a multiplayer PC demo shortly after release? The PC community is largely skeptical at best right now and with no ability to trade-in or rent, this is a real gamble for our wallets.

Vince-IW: No plans for a demo currently. We are still working on finishing the PC game right now (yes, I know... we need to get done!)

ulukai: I'm in a lan party association our last lan had 400 players, can we play lan with the pc version and is the game made for lan party competition and last question could you explain why there is no collector version on pc ?

Unanswered.

Apex: Will there be a way to provide genuine feedback regarding IW.Net after the game is released? Seeing as the PC subforum at your site isn't very effective.

Mackey-IW: We wil be watching and listening of course.

gdogg: Are you aware of the petition to for dedicated servers and mods, have you taken this into acount?

Vince-IW: yes.

frzg: Is there a /record feature? Answer yes... please. We're trying to give you a 'chance'

Vince-IW: no

will0812: Do you honestly think you have improved the PC version with IW.Net, you cannot claim the gameplay is smoother, as dedicated servers are much more efficient.?

Mackey-IW: Yes, we believe MW2 is better than CoD4:MW. The reason iw.net exists is to improve the gameplay for our users.

TrastX: You guys have made it easier for PC players to hope in a random game, but you made it harder for Clans to stay together and play in a community fashion like were used to. How will we be able to play with the same people on a regular basis without having 100s of people on our friends list, is there ever a way to join the same match rooms?

Vince-IW: Yes, you can party up with people and play with them.

CrusaderCon: Since you guys have not made any decisions on MW2 mod tools. I suggest taking a long thought about the past games and how many great ideas and things that came from mod tools. 1. Fantastic Maps! 2. Amazing Gametypes like ZombieX, The Vietnam Mod, The Rising Mod, The Open Warfare Mod, and The Extreme Mod! 3. Great Player Skins! 4. New Modified Weapons! You may think this would be a hassle to have mods and etc. But, all you need to do is open a mod and mapping section of the IW website

Vince-IW: Understood.

MasterShrive: Apologies I am late and if this has been asked before, but I am the co-leader of an Australian PC clan (Roll the Dice) and down under our Internet is rather poor with very limited upload capabilities. Our clan also has 25+ members all over the country and we regularly have trainings and scrims as a group. My question is, has IWnet catered for this kind of scenario and will be able to train together still given the P2P and rather poor ADSL connections in Australia? We are also charged or our uplo...

Ryan-IW: Yes.

Mackey-IW: Your ping gets taken into account for match making

Mackey-IW: And you can play with your friends using friends lists or private matches.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings

LaGgY_42o: What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?

Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great
Back to top Go down
KINGky

KINGky

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:47 am

rnrmusic55: you said IWnet was created to help stop piracy, what do you say about the Xbox 360 version leaked and shared on torrent sites?

Unanswered.

Seems about right.
Back to top Go down
KINGky

KINGky

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 am

Posted on Basn and Slash.com

There's a great article on 1up from Josh McC that looks at all of Rob's points and rebuts them.

Source

Bowling says...
Matchmaking & Smoother Gameplay: Bowling says IWNET matchmaking allows players to find and join games much easer than scrolling through lists of servers, each with their own rule and mod sets. This new IWNET infrastructure will "automatically find you a game with the best performance, ping, and preferences based on your location and individual connection as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL.'

Josh McC's Response
There is nothing, NOTHING faster than booting up COD4, switching to my favorites, and selecting my desired server (it literally takes less than 15 seconds from boot to shoot.) Matchmaking systems cant even dream of coming close to connecting me to any game that fast. Also why should you decide what my skill level is and what I want to match it against!? Connect me to the game that I (Me the paying customer) want to play in under 30 seconds and ill show you 20 of my 60 bucks.

Bowling says...
Playlists and Private Matches: Bowling says the new playlist will allow for easier use to finding the type of game you want to play. "This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match," Bowling explains.

Josh McC's Response
Gametypes on the current Modern Warfare servers are very easily filtered and organized, not to mention also by map and server name. The beauty of developed and well maintained servers is that you dont have to worry about control at all!! Its a collective effort of the members that can be relied on 24/7. Also, please clarify your definition of "CUSTOM." If server list are "hard" to scroll through and so "difficult" to filter, make it easier with more efficient search and filter tools. My guess is that you can do very little consdering it already works very well. Current options allow you to filter by combinations of every major server option you could want. Being able to find a server through a search field might be nice.

Bowling says
Party System and Friendslist: IWNET's friendlist system allows players to see when your friends are online, and makes it easy to invite them into your party and move from game to game. Bowling highlights the fact this is great for Clan use.

Josh McC's Response
Somehow I highly doubt MW2 will allow me to "easily" invite 30 of my community friends to join me for round after round of fun. One reason I left cod4 on xbox live was for its pathetically stifling 8 vs 8 limitations. Also, checking to see if your friends are online is a simple as clicking on the server where you all play as a COMMUNITY. You dont have to go searching if you already know where to find them. Show me a game that matches the frenetic numbers of a 36 man deathmatch where I dont have to go searching for my friends, and Ill show you another 20 of my 60 bucks.

Bowling Says
Cheat / Hack Free Games: "The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don't have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters," Bowling writes. He says this will allow them to control the quality of the game as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system.

If this is the biggest benefit "by far" Infinity Ward needs to close its doors and seriously analyze what data they're working with and what magical unicorn is injecting it through their a$$. Who asked you to control anything!? The 15 or so servers I play do an excellent job moderating the language, cheating, namecalling, hacking, and every other concern I have as an honest consumer that looks to play some frenetic deathmatches to round out my day. There is an invested pride in being able to moderate your playing environment independently without being spoonfed a crippled corporate f*ckfest. You're literally taking one of the most hated elements of institutionalized console gaming and injecting it in the one place we can escape from it. Take it back out and you get the remaining 20 of my 60 bucks. Oh and by the way, on what premise can you now charge more than $50?

Congratulations Infinity Ward youve managed to sell your soul. Try to employ a little more class the next time you bend over for your own ego. There is no fear of change, merely a lack of trust that has ensued over less than forward public relations. Needless or not, you have allowed your most invested community to feel threatened. Regardless of the success of your new implementations, Infinity Ward / Activision you had better check yourself. You can easily drown your misstep with profit margins but note that you HAVE made a mistake.

Id like to step back and close out by saying that PC and console gamers are ultimately part of the same family and the more we let our characteristic differences divide us we only weaken our ability to effectively call foul when the industry begins to block our voice with dollar signs. We all play for the love of the game and its ultimately our responsibility to make sure that they are made that way.
Back to top Go down
KINGASSHATMAX

KINGASSHATMAX

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:51 pm

well that all just sounds like 1 big copout

this game is already 6foot under before it even goes on the shelf for all us millions of PC users

if ime honest i just dont think i can justify the money when i wont even be able to play with any of u guys or my dutch gimpys as and when i want 2

ile have 2 see.
Back to top Go down
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
KINGASSHATMAX

KINGASSHATMAX

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 am

well guys Dizzys link just confirms my doubts.

Infinity ward can go kiss my ass

if anything guys i will go buy WAW so i can at least play on that zombie stuff i here u all goin on about, as for a new game if we give it time someone will jump on the fact that infinity have just lost millions of dedicated players and come up with what we all want in a game.
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:35 am

Max march 2nd is when battlefield bad company 2 comes out. That will be the game most of us are going to buy. Until then we gotta find something.........
Back to top Go down
KINGASSHATMAX

KINGASSHATMAX

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 7:24 pm

ok buddy
ile look it up and see what its all about.
tks
Back to top Go down
KINGky

KINGky

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:32 am

BC2: PC Beta in December

Written by jockyitch
Posted on BashandSlash.com

Sunday, 08 November 2009

Many people asking about the BFBC2 Beta. I have included the November 5th EA news release below. Anyone find it coincidental that the beta will be available for both PS3 and PC players first? Just so happens they were the folks most upset with IW's treatment during MW2's release.

Here's the wording:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3 Beta Begins 19 November 2009

Stockholm, Sweden – November 5, 2009 – DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company™️ 2 multiplayer beta exclusively on the PlayStation®️3 computer entertainment system. Starting November 19, PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to experience the unprecedented action, destruction, vehicular warfare, squad play and open sandbox environments that only Battlefield can deliver. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 provides a true all-out war experience like no other modern warfare game. For beta key distribution details go to www.battlefield.com.

“This is an outstanding opportunity for PlayStation gamers to get early access to one of the most action-packed and polished shooters in the marketplace with Battlefield: Bad Company 2,” says Rob Dyer, SVP, Publisher Relations, SCEA. “We’re happy to help DICE achieve their superior level of multiplayer excellence in the game.”

“With Battlefield: Bad Company 2 we’re looking to raise the bar across all aspects of our multiplayer experience, setting a new standard for online play,” says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer on Battlefield: Bad Company 2. “From the graphics to the vehicles, weapons and destruction, we are delivering the best online multiplayer game next year, and we want gamers to experience it themselves by playing the beta and demo.”

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer beta will feature the Arica Harbor map, where up to 24 players can compete in one of the game’s four intense multiplayer modes called Rush. This new map displays a superb balance of vehicle and infantry combat, as the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base with full force, advancing further through a beautiful desert town and towards the industrial area in a desperate attempt to overtake the Arica Harbor. Heavy vehicle warfare on the first bases gradually turns into an intense infantry fight as the level progresses, showcasing this best-in-class online war experience.

In December 2009, DICE will invite players to participate in a PC open beta.

Then, early next year, all players worldwide will get to experience this premier shooter when DICE releases a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer DEMO on the Xbox 360®️ videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 5, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the PC. The Limited Edition is available now for pre-order at participating retailers worldwide (while supplies last).
Back to top Go down
KINGky

KINGky

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm

and because i thought this was funny, and fuk IW.......

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=787&Itemid=111
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Back to top Go down
KINGky

KINGky

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Are you f*#$*&g serious? "The learning curve of learning to view a server list"..... I'm probably the most PC noob ever, and even i can sort and filter a server list.

EPIC FAIL
Back to top Go down
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Joker knows he has no legal leg to stand on. It was done as a joke but it worked very well. I thought it was awesome. As for Bowling he is a fuckin faggot.
Back to top Go down
KINGASSHATMAX

KINGASSHATMAX

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 pm

FUCK U INFINITY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Buy open chat with IW   Best Buy open chat with IW Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Buy open chat with IW
Page 1 of 1