The KINGz Of Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though Empty
PostSubject: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:30 pm

This is from his site. He tries to explain why IWNET is better than dedicated servers.......He fails.

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/?p=745

Quote :
I recently broke news on a PC community member’s podcast that would be introducing a completely new backend infastructure called IWNET that would allow matchmaking for multiplayer games on PC. The news, by default, means no more browsing through a Server List for a server with the settings / ping you want among other things, and sent shockwaves through the hardcore PC community, leading to many more questions than answers as to ‘HOW’ this would work, and if it would really be better for the PC community as a whole.

Questions, assumptions, and speculation I intend to dispel.

: is actually the biggest investment has ever made into the PC version of our games. It’s also the most feature-rich PC version we’ve ever made. IWNET takes the benefits of dedicated servers and allows them to be utilized and accessed by every player, , while removing the barrier to entry for players unaware of how to maintain a server on their own.

How does it do this?

Matchmaking & Smoother Gameplay: When you want to player a multiplayer game on PC, in the past. You’d have to scroll through a Server Browser which listed every available server which was hosted by individual server admins. Each had their own private rules, mods, or ways of playing the game. Most players would also use the server browser to find just the best quality game (based on PING). With IWNET matchmaking, it takes all that into account for you. All you have to do is select the playlist (pre-set gametypes with custom rules) that fits the style of play you are in the mood for. When you do, it will automatically find you a game with the best performance, ping, and preferences based on your location and individual connection as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL. So you’re always guaranteed the best game performance for where you are and what connection you’re playing on as well as an equal game with other players of your same skill level, not rank, but skill level. It doesn’t mean you’ll just be thrown into a random game! It will put you in the game that will give you the smoothest gameplay possible without you having to manually find a server with the best ping.

Playlists and Private Matches: As I described above, Playlists are pre-set game modes and gametypes for public games. If you just want to jump into a public game of or Hardcore and you don’t care about fully customizing it, then you can utilize playlists to do that quickly for you. However, say you’re in a clan and you want to play a Clan match with another team, or you want to practice for an upcoming tournament that has specific rules in a private game. Then you can start a Private Match (which is essentially like running your own private server) where you have complete control over the rules, who can join, boot players you don’t want, and essentially control the entire game or tweak it to your liking. Once the rules are set, you can invite the other team in or just start it up with your clan to practice with the custom rules before the match. This now allows you to play custom games without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match.

Party System and Friendslist: on PC also makes it much easier if you want to party up with your friends, or again, with your clan for a match. You can utilize the friendslist to see when your friends are online, and invite them to your Party. A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. It’s great for clan matches, because you can party of with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if you’re doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and they’ll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

All in all, IWNET adds a load of new features that the PC version of our games have never had before and allows us an infrastructure to continue to update and improve on the game post-launch.
Back to top Go down
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm so desperate for a new game at this point.....I will probably get this anyhow. The gameplay will be the same. I suppose I will find ways to play with the few of you who will also get this.
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 pm

what a fucking joke!!!

At least they could let you host a listen server non private and name the room. IE name it KINGS recruiting and randoms could join to try out for your team.

But no your gonna have to join random pubs to do this... and it will only allow you to do with players on your own level.

I am not sayign we should recruit, I am just saying clans that wish to.... it will be very hard to.

Clan recruiting will fail in this game.

If we all buy this game, max will have a hell of a time playing with us because of the private servers being hosted on someones rig. He will ping high 200s(even though it will not show his ping I am assuming) he will lag like hell and if he host we will lag like hell. Its gonna be pretty much impossible to have a good match will the eurotrash........

I also love how they say this way you can have a modded server without mods.... what about all the mods people like i.e. aliens paintball... ect.

This game will be good, but it would have 100 times more potential if they had dedi servers and the modding community could go to work on it..... SadSad
Back to top Go down
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:59 pm

KINGnoobSauce wrote:

This game will be good, but it would have 100 times more potential if they had dedi servers and the modding community could go to work on it..... SadSad

/thread
Back to top Go down
KINGky

KINGky

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:23 am

Hmm..... well, it sounds like major Gayness. My plan is to buy it for PS3 since they're trying to turn the PC version into a console anyway. I'm going to hold off on the PC version until I play the PS3 version for a bit, especially since it sounds like most people are not purchasing the PC version ?
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 pm

I look at it this way krink the PC community made infinity ward who they are now. With mainly cod2 and cod4. Now they want to fuck over they widespread group of people that made them who they are, and make up bullshit excuses why. The game looks to me like it will get stale fast, it looks pretty much like cod4 all over again. We more than likely will not get to play this game with max because of they gay decision of no dedi servers. Every map pack they make and all that bull shit we are going to have to pay more for. This game in my eyes is setup to fail for PC users all the way around, simply because PC users are not used to this bullshit. I mean console fags are used to paying out their ass to play video games and they just keep paying. 70% of the fagbox 360 community will just say hey mommy hey daddy buy me this new map pack please "sure son now go fag off". This is where IW will get their main market and that's what they will focus on, screwing over console users works why not try it on the PC community also.

NO sense in me continuing this pointless cry baby rant why bitch......

Bottom line I do not feel right buying this game off of this asshole company, when I do not agree with their logic. I will simply try to....cough...cough...cough...cough... man i got something stuck in my throat there. If this don't work cough cough.....

You guys are all my friends and I will buy the game simply because my friends do and I like gaming and having sex with you guys.......
Back to top Go down
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:53 pm

I had thought about getting the PS3 version. But I despise FPS's on console. That and only 4 of us have PS3. As I said i'm desperate at this point. I mean i been humping Halflife and 2142......I seriously need another game to play.
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 pm

KINGDarkyDizzle wrote:
I had thought about getting the PS3 version. But I despise FPS's on console. That and only 4 of us have PS3. As I said i'm desperate at this point. I mean i been humping Halflife and 2142......I seriously need another game to play.

Well we should not have to many lag issues, when either I or you host dark, since we are sort of the center of all of us..... But joining a match through IWnet is going to be horrible. People think that this IWnet thing is they are hosting dedi servers for us but randomly joining players to them.... WRONG IWnet is simply nothing more that a p2p matchmaking system that is going to get players close to each other and choose a host at random...God help you if the host chosen at random has bad hardware, a shitty processor and ram........lots of lag there already.....I feel bad for max because he will not get to play with us at all, I just kno0w this because I gamed on consoles before and there is lag issues with listen servers when players are not close to each other. Also when I am gaming I am usually always tabbing out of the game, imagine if the host chosen at random does this instant bad connection for everyone.

IW will not even go in depth and explain what this IWnet thing is. This is simply because they know they fucked up, and they are keeping their mouths shut about this because if they go in depth about this IWnet thing the PC users that are still going to buy the game won't. They only address the possible good points about this IWnet thing, which most of them are not even good....They fail to mention anything bad that will come out of this IWnet thing, the bad will far outweigh the good, they just fail to mention this for marketing purposes. I honestly hope every person that signed this petition does not buy this game, but more than likely 60% of them still will.

I mean here is a sneak peek I noticed in one of the trailers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXrydp6lj4
1:41 mark it chooses a new host expect this alot especially in the PC version. Host migration choosing a new host = makes it lag.... Sad

As i am trying to remember about all the bad things of consoles and p2p.... I bet none of you know what a lagswitch is well if you playing with randoms get used to them...... Its where the host or player flips a switch and it drops their connection for a short period they can run around and kill you while the switch is flipped and then turn the switch back on. Then the kills will register and you will die and all it will look like is a massive lag.

My brain is getting tired even thinking about this bullshit.......

I will simply get the single player through torrent or whatever.... And see what goes for a few weeks........ I will defintlty not buy this game on release....... I will see what the other PC users that bought it think of it before I buy it..............

IW needs to learn the customer is always right
Back to top Go down
KINGky

KINGky

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am

I got you Noob, and i understand your frustrations. I never knew the history of IW going back to games before COD4. I played shooters on consoles way back in the day, took a break and got back into em on the PC since we all know that's the way to go. I guess i'm not saying i wld never buy it for PC, but i figure since they're trying to turn it into a console game (and i just got a PS3), i might as well try it out on there first. I'm with Dark though, I'm just ready for a new game.
Back to top Go down
KINGSharkyShizzle

KINGSharkyShizzle

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 7:24 pm

KINGnoobSauce wrote:

You guys are all my friends and I will buy the game simply because my friends do and I like gaming and having sex with you guys.......

Sad tears of joy li'l buddy
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down
KINGNanuke

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:50 pm

\m/ WOW that was some heavy shit,shitty ass propaganda all the way from iwnet, robert bowling is a spin ninja masta and quite frankly i am really pissed off at what they're trying to pull off FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT EVERYBODY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though   FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though Empty

Back to top Go down

FourZeroTwo tries to explain......doesnt work though
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The KINGz Of Gaming :: Call Of Duty  :: COD6&8: Modern Warfare 2&3-
Jump to: