The KINGz Of Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MW2 Ruined forever

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Taken from bashandslash.com from this interview http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2369799 starting at the 1:40:00 mark

Black Saturday?

A day of infamy?

It's hard, very hard, for me to write objectively right now, but here is a summary of what we heard on BASH 123. If you missed it...we will have it on demand in a few minutes.

The raw version of BASH 123 can be found here temporarily.

Fourzerotwo was on our BASH webcast this morning and he had a few surprises for the PC community.

Here are the snippets:

*We're doing a lot on the backend to make the game accessible for everyone.

*There is no delay for the PC version of MW2

*There's prestige mode

*Jason West at the MP event, said that he was dead on, on the matchmaking servers. We've been building a system on the backend called IW.NET.

*You are completely reliant on IW.NET. There are no server lists. There are no dedicated servers.

*You have private matches where you can customize the game

*You cannot put MW2 on a dedicated server.

* This is the first time we've ever done something like this and the team has huge plans for what IW.NET develops into.

*Customizing your game...you have quite a few options in a private match

*You're getting same game (as in Console), plus matchmaking and private match.

*Server admin point-of view, NO DEDICATED SERVERS

I've summarized some of my own thoughts from the cast here:

General

* IW partnering through Steam is what you will see in the future. Matchmaking is not through Steam, but IW.NET is run in conjunction with Steam.
* GSP's will no longer be renting out servers.
* No PunkBuster. VAC will be used as an anti cheat.
* Retail distribution: Pre-orders will get a disk. Or you could order from Steam.
* DLC may now need to be paid for - not confirmed.
* Piracy was only a small reason for going to IW.NET - not the whole reason.

Clans:

* No more clan servers. Private matches, replace clan servers.
* Listen servers will connect to each other.
* IW.NET/Steam will replace the admin

Competitive Gaming

* Competitive gaming has changed forever.
* It might be possible in the future for IW engineers to load a "competitive" setting on IW.NET, but it is far from a guarantee. It might also never happen.

Modding

* Modding the game is now very much in question. Fourzerotwo had no info on modding. However, it appears that there will be no mods or maps for MW2.
* Modding in SpecOps? Unknown.

Today our game has changed for ever.

I'll leave this post with Peckler's comments from planetmedalofhonor.com:

The server community is what's made us. It's what defined us.

IW.NET is getting the PC community to turn into consoles. You're trying to re-write our history.
Back to top Go down
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:59 pm

Well I listened to almost all of the webcast. I'm sorta not surprised. This is a sure fire way for IW to get more money from everybody. I can see having to pay for DLC now just like on consoles. This is gonna ruin this game and this series as far as PC is concerned. The brought up a good point on the interview after 402 left. This could be Treyarch's wakeup call for PC gans. With IW leaving us behind Treyarch could sure make a impact with a better game next year. But as it sits I will probably.......a loose probably still buy MW2. But as sharky has stated I think BF:BC2 may be a buy as well.
Back to top Go down
Hallvard

Hallvard

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Ain't I a messenger of doom or what? Razz

But yea, it's just so bs... I've been reading up on it the whole day... trying to find somewhere IW denies it... but I've found nothing but confirmation from their side...
I'm gonna get the game for it's singleplayer... then wait and see if they fix this fuck-up before I buy it for the mp.

On another note, this has made me look forward to Bad Company 2, wich I've previously dismissed cause I tought I would be busy with MW2 and one fps at a time is enough.
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:13 pm

If this is the case I will not buy this game!!!!!!

No dedicated servers....... I will not buy this game............ FUCK IW

I might just quit gaming period................
Back to top Go down
KINGSharkyShizzle

KINGSharkyShizzle

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:38 am

you cant quit, i'll be sad and lonely. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
KINGnoobSauce

KINGnoobSauce

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:51 pm

As a gamer, as a player, you will actually be hit with the bulk of it.

-No more free custom maps
-No more free custom mods
-No more servers with set rules, regulations and atmosphere created by its regular gamers and admins
-Complete anonymity in all of your rounds, no long term cool gaming buddies picked up as strangers from random rounds
-Vastly less clans because of aforementioned last two sets
-A high probability of a lot of laggy servers
-USA and EURO players will most likely not be able to game with each other because of massive lag
-Competitive gaming to be dead, a hit for e-sports and future of gaming as a whole (PC)

As a pubber, once you log in, you are at the mercy of the idiot who gets to be an admin at random.

All in all, the whole experience will suffer a lot. On all sides, in all aspects.
Back to top Go down
KINGNanuke

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:59 pm

is iwnet the same people that made the first terminator?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MW2 Ruined forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Ruined forever   MW2 Ruined forever Empty

Back to top Go down

MW2 Ruined forever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The KINGz Of Gaming :: Call Of Duty  :: COD6&8: Modern Warfare 2&3-
Jump to: