The KINGz Of Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KINGky

KINGky

Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies   Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Posted on IGN.com...........Schweeet......... Cool

We've got two guns - one for each of ya.
by Mark Bozon

August 24, 2009 - Ah the joys of dual-wielding. Halo fans know it, Counter Strike fans definitely know it, Goldeneye junkies are oh so familiar with it, and now Call of Duty nuts such as myself are going to learn to live and die by it as well. That's right, in a gameplay demo for Modern Warfare 2 at a GameCrazy convention today – why those sweaty nerds get to see the game after we kicked their pimple-faced asses out of E3 two years ago is beyond me – community manager and rabid blogger FourZeroTwo stepped over a pair of Desert Eagles. The crowd went nuts, asked him to pick it up, and he did.

You know what, rather than re-tell the story, here's his direct post as found on the Modern Warfare 2 forums:

"Akimbo is NOT the perk in the new MP trailer this week.

I was presenting a singleplayer mission at the GameCrazy show this morning on stage and happened to walk over a body that had Akimbo (dual wield side arm), therefore the icon for the weapon popped up on screen and the room went crazy with chants demanding I pick it up and use it.

So I did.

Happened to be dual Deagles. Now to calm some initial fears of "OMG! Overpowered!". Akimbo is limited and balanced, just like EVERYTHING in the game. It's limited to sidearms, harder to aim than standard and you can't go ADS (aim down sights) since you have a weapon in each hand; Among other balancing techniques, so don't freak out before you see it in action.

It's cool."

So by the sounds of it Akimbo may in fact be a new perk, but not the one people were clamoring about long enough for Infinity Ward to include in Modern Warfare 2 (and show off in an upcoming multiplayer trailer this week). Akimbo does leave us with some questions though if it is a new perk, and details will have to wait. FourZeroTwo was in mid-demo with the single player mode, but how will the system work should it be included in multiplayer? For instance, would players need the Akimbo perk turned on, thus allowing them to pick up two pistols? Is there some system in the game that now allows players to not only swap weapons but also perk-sets mid-fight? Clarification is going to have to wait, but the concept of running with Dualies in Modern Warfare 2 is one we'll be happy to try just as soon as we can.

Oh, and as for the multiplayer trailer hitting later this week, our money is on multiple attachments for weapons. We don't know a COD4 player alive that hasn't begged for that one. Got other thoughts? List them below in the comments section so we can make fun of you when you're wrong.

More as it develops.
Back to top Go down
KINGASSHATMAX

KINGASSHATMAX

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies   Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:19 pm

hell yes Krinky
nice 1
multiple attachments for sure though
that would be awsome

SHOTGUN with Noob Tube and Red Dot sight

hell yes
Back to top Go down
KINGSharkyShizzle

KINGSharkyShizzle

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies   Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm fucked, screwed, you name it! This game is definately not going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
KINGDarkyDizzle
Admin
KINGDarkyDizzle

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies   Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:17 am

Dual Fucking Deagles!??!?
headbanger headbanger Dancing penis headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
KINGNanuke

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies   Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:38 pm

i can't wait fer duelies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies   Modern Warfare 2 Gets Dualies Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1